Buses leave directly from Singapore to Mersing and depart several times daily. It takes about 4 hours to get to Mersing or 4 1/2hrs to Tanjung Gemok.
You can book tickets online, e.g. via easybook.com, catchthatbus.com, busticketonline.com or wtstravel.com.sg.
There are basically 2 options for you to come by bus:
- Option 1: Take the first available bus (around 6am) so you can catch a ferry around 11am from either Mersing or Tanjung Gemok and will reach Air Batang on Tioman by around 2pm
- Option 2: Take the 11:59pm KKKL bus the night before to Tanjung Gemok. You will reach by around 4am and can rest before taking the 8am Cataferry over to Tioman.
- KKKL also has daily return buses from Tanjung Gemok to Singapore at 4:30pm and they will until the ferry has arrived so you can’t miss it (does not run on Wednesdays)
Be aware that you have to disembark the bus and bring all your luggage along for customers/immigration clearance at the border!
To Mersing (search “Mersing Jetty ” in Waze or Google Maps):
- Take Woodlands check-point, drive through Johor Bahru and head towards Kota Tinggi. Just keep going straight, as this road will lead you directly to Mersing.
- Once you reach Mersing you’ll come to a roundabout where you have go straight (12 o’clock). You will reach Mersing Harbour Centre (on your right) and Mersing Jetty (on your left) after a further few hundred meters drive. There are multiple secure and gated open air parking lots at the jetty (approx MYR 12.00/day).
- Duration (drive time without stops): 3hrs to 3 1/2hrs.
- You need to be in Mersing 1 hour before ferry departure!
To Tanjung Gemok (search “Jetty Tanjung Gemok” in Waze or Google Maps):
- If you’re heading to Tanjung Gemok then follow the above description but take the first exit at the Mersing roundabout (9 o’clock) over the bridge and just keep going straight for another 35min or so.
- You will see the Tanjung Gemok jetty on your right after crossing the bridge.
- There is a gated open air long-term car park at the jetty (approx. MYR 12.00/day).
- You need to be at least 45 minutes before ferry departure time in Tanjung Gemok!
We can book a private taxi for you (up to 4 persons). Pick-up can be at any location in Singapore and at any time.
- Singapore to Mersing: Approx 3hrs to 3 1/2 hours, costs SGD 180.00-200.00 per way depending on the pick-up location. Surcharges apply for night transfers and multiple pick-up locations.
- Singapore to Tanjung Gemok: Approx 3 1/2hrs to 4 hours, costs SGD 200.00-220.00 per way depending on the pick-up location. Surcharges apply for night transfers and multiple pick-up locations.
- Email us if you’d like to book a taxi.
We can charter a MPV, Mini Van or even a Coach if you come with a larger group. They will pick you up at any location in Singapore, day or night. The journey takes some 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Costs depend on the van size and your destination (MYR 800.00 to MYR 1,200.00/way). Please contact us to book a van.